Unable to delete a number of directories...

Evan Platt evan@espphotography.com
Thu Feb 17 01:45:00 GMT 2005

Ok, if I missed this somehow via my google, FAQ, and deja search, forgive
me and point me in the right direction. I have the following directories
that won't delete (all under \Cygwin):

\bin
\etc
\home
\lib
\sendmail
\tmp
\usr

A number of these have subdirectories, all have files.

I rebooted into XP's safe mode command prompt, still couldn't delete them.

What am I missing?

I removed the Registry entry the FAQ pointed to, nothing in my services
appears to be cygwins, and no processes appear to match the .exe's that are
shown, i.e. \bin\manpath.exe.lnk - no running process is named manpath .

Thanks.

Evan