Unable to delete a number of directories...

Evan Platt evan@espphotography.com
Thu Feb 17 09:52:00 GMT 2005

At 02:20 PM 2/16/2005, you wrote:

>My guess is that it's a Windows NTFS permissions issue.  Assuming you want to
>blow away the entire C:\cygwin tree and start again fresh:  log on as
>Administrator, take ownership recursively of the entire tree, and reset
>permissions recursively of the entire tree.  You then should be able to delete
>it.

I'm running XP. Never come across this before. I do have admin rights (this
is my own home machine). I've tried with Windows Explorer and Windows
Commander - I can't even remove the read-only attribute on the file.

Pardon my ignroance - does taking ownership recursively of a folder apply
under XP home? If so, I have no idea how to do that, nor is that anything
I've ever needed to do.

Only thing I see when right clicking that folder is properties, and if I
uncheck Read-Only, when I hit apply I get access denied.

Thanks.

Evan