Unable to delete a number of directories...

Evan Platt evan@espphotography.com
Thu Feb 17 15:50:00 GMT 2005

At 05:20 PM 2/16/2005, you wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Evan Platt wrote:
>
> > This is XP home, which I don't believe has folder ownership?
>
>It does.  What it doesn't have is the UI dialog to change it.
>
>One way to change the ownership would be Cygwin's "chown" program, but, as
>you've deleted most of Cygwin, that's not really an option.
>
>Microsoft TechNet claims that
>         If you are running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, you must
>         start the computer in safe mode, and then log on with an account
>         that has Administrative rights to have access to the Security tab.

Thanks all.. that did the trick.. For the archives, I had to do a good
number of subdirectories one by one.change my account to the owner, then
give owner full access. 30 minutes later, it's gone....