Obscene content in cygwin file.

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Thu Jan 6 15:52:00 GMT 2005

Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:54:16 -0600, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>
>> My write-in candidate:
>> [x] Not offended. Clean it up anyway. It's unprofessional in the
>> extreme and can only result in embarassment and trouble.
>
> As a Christian, I agree with Gary. :)
>
> I actually think it's an upstream bug. The limerick file meets the
> "offensive" category and so, according to the notes file, should be
> limerick-o and be rot-13 encrypted (then we can throw the DMCA at
> offended people, too).  Looks like fortune is due for an update to the
> /usr/share/doc/ FHS standard anyway.
>
> There is plenty of 1st Amendment content on the Internet, but let
> people get it elsewhere.

As an atheist I always wonder why christians can "turn the other cheek"
but cannot seem to muster how to turn their eyes away! If you don't like
it then what stops you from simply not looking at it! Is something
forcing you to use fortune or Cygwin or open and look at the contents of
that file?!?

[x] Because of the hub bub raised by the religious folk I had to
download and check it out whereas if they just ignored it so would have
I, proofing, once again, that by doing this they just draw more
attention to it and cause more harm than good.

--
E Pluribus Modem