fortune maintainer wanted and question for Corinna (was Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.)

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Fri Jan 7 03:07:00 GMT 2005

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Yes and no, Corinna.  Merely having them on the harddrive in a company
> computer could be construed as "creating a hostile work environment"
> -- leading to liability issues for the company and employment "issues"
> for the unsuspecting cygwin user.

Any company firing me for "creating a hostile work environment" for such
a matter as this is, in my book, not a company I wish to work for. YMMV.

> I'm definitely going to have to uninstall the fortune package at work
> -- probably even if the xxx content is "encrypted".  My employer is
> lenient enough when it comes to "rogue" cygwin installations (e.g. not
> installed by the IT guys) but they'll get downright annoyed if
> employees create a liability problem for them by installing something
> that might offend another employee (e.g "create a hostile work
> environment")

What the hell is some other employee doing snooping around your computer
to view these files?!? To me *that's* a hostile work environment created
by the snooping employee!
--
Earth First! We'll stripmine the other planets later.