Obscene content in cygwin file.

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Fri Jan 7 16:39:00 GMT 2005

Terry Dabbs wrote:

> I worked at a division headquarters of large company, where we had
> hundreds of people who would log into their email account on the VAX.
> When logging in you would see a message of the day. The guy
> administering this got tired of the same old boring messages and
> started rotating in messages very much like the ones in the limerick
> file. The first couple were only slightly off-color, and actually got
> positive responses. Then the third, and last one, had to do with a guy
> in Nantucket who had some unusual practices. The effect this had in
> the local work place was fun to watch, having the computer pipe that
> stuff on the screen was about as imaginable as Bush saying it on TV,
> and created quite a stir. The end result was not so much fun, the
> employee was severly reprimanded (Andrew wouldn't work there...) and
> was weeded out in the first layoff (I wonder why...).

Not even close in comparison. I said that I wouldn't work for a company
where somebody snooped onto my machine and found something offensive
(IOW he was actively looking for it in a place that he should be).
That's vastly different than me thrusting it upon unsuspecting eyes as
the above states.
--
If things get any worse, I'll have to ask you to stop helping me.