fortune maintainer wanted and question for Corinna (was Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.)

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Fri Jan 7 22:03:00 GMT 2005

Jon A. Lambert wrote:

> Mike wrote:
>
>>> I would have been better informed about the nature of the package.
>>
>> How eloquent.
>> Try 'man fortune'.
>
> man fortune doesn't work until after you've already downloaded and
> installed the offensive material on your machine.

Yes but it *can* work just after you install it but before you ever run
it! This part seems like a disclaimer if I've ever saw one:

     -o    Choose only from potentially offensive aphorisms.  Please,
please,
           please request a potentially offensive fortune if and only if you
           believe, deep down in your heart, that you are willing to be
           offended.  (And that if you are, you'll just quit using -o rather
           than give us grief about it, okay?)

And you don't have to install it - you can research it! See
http://www.rt.com/man/fortune.6.html
--
Is it possible to brush your teeth without wiggling your ass?