perl 5.8.6

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Tue Jan 11 21:26:00 GMT 2005

Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:
> Reini Urban wrote:
> Your libwin32 package, does it work on Win98 / ME?

I cannot test that in ME/98 now. Laptop needs a new power cable and
vmware was too big for my hd.

> I have included Yitzchak's patch and the Win32CORE module statically
> into perl, now the users are getting:
>  ntdll.dll is missing export atoi().
>
> Hmmm.  atoi() is used all over the place in the perl source...

I believe I or Rafael wrote a minor atoi() base 10 stub to be ntdll /
strtol independent.
The whole atoi issue is to get rid of the slow strtol:
error checking, C locale only?

Shouldn't this dependency be resolved in cygwin/newlib?
Perl shouldn't care about that.

> Why was this not a problem with 5.8.5 before including Win32CORE
> statically?

Don't remember.
But sorry, I'm very busy right now. Maybe tommorrow.
Have to write a simple WOID - webshop-in-one-day.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/