vim problem (win xp): Cygwin seems unable to move the input cursor to arbitrary positions.

Raye Raskin rayer@pobox.com
Wed Jan 12 06:20:00 GMT 2005


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "anamtharon"
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 7:24 PM
Subject: vim problem (win xp): Cygwin seems unable to move the input cursor to arbitrary positions.


> Good morning.
>
> Since i've updated cygwin i only had time to try out vim again, and there seems to be a problem with
> the automatic movement of the input cursor.
>
> E.g. after simple character input, the cursor isn't moved to the next positon (but vim keeps
> overwriting the last character i typed). And when typing a command (with the initial ':'), although
> the ':' is getting printed to the proper bottom line, everything i type after that is getting put
> into the document view (or wossname), only that this time the cursor position is getting incremented,
> so that i actually can write a whole line of command-line text which also even is properly
> interpreted as a command.
>
> But what's really strange, is this. When i now split the screen with ':sp', the upper document view
> behaves like the original, but the lower suddenly is working just fine. I can write whole lines of
> text, manually move the cursor about, i.e. do all the fancy things i used to do (in the good old
> days).
>
> I look forward to any comments.
> anamtharøn

As I recall, Cygwin only offers the console version of vim.  Please
correct me if I'm wrong.  If I were you I'd remove your cygwin vim
and get the really nice GUI version gvim (and the console version,
vim, if you want, as I have) from the vim website at

  www.vim.org

Raye. 



--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list