Couple of scripts to remove duplicate packages

Alex alex.p@hotpop.com
Thu Jan 20 07:53:00 GMT 2005

Hi,
I have a habit of keeping cygwin packages on my computer and updating
them from time to time using setup.exe. This saves me time when I need
to install on another computer.
This creates a problem of old versions of packages accumulating in my
download directory. I used to remove them by hand but that is a time
consuming process. Finally I wrote an awk script to help me deal with
the problem. And just for kicks I added a shell wrapper :).

Attached are the scripts. I hope they could be useful to someone else.
I am sure they can be improved but they have been useful to me as is.

Thanks,
Alex