Share rootfs by nfs-server?

ajpearce ajpearceuk@gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 18:35:00 GMT 2005

I'll try and cut out all the detail to make things clear.

Imagine I have only one computer. This computer is running Windows.
Inside it there is a 2nd hard drive with a linux ext3 root partition.
I want to make that available to other computers on the network.

Yes, I can READ the partition using Paragon ext2anywhere and SHARE the
result using samba that is built into Windows. However, by doing this
all the files are seen as one owner - the person who mounted the
partition.

And that is the problem.