Cygwin Time Machine

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Wed Jan 26 22:37:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 12:25:45PM -0800, Peter A. Castro wrote:
>On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>However, because I'm a masochist, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a
>>good idea to advertise this as "cygwin news" on the front page of
>>http://cygwin.com/.
>
>Gosh, Chris, I'm flattered you'd consider it news worthy (well,
>flattered, shocked, amazed and confused...no, wait, "confused" is my
>normal state of being :).  Obviously it's up to you all.

This is actually up to you.  If you think it's a good idea, then feel
free to submit an article using the link at http://cygwin.com/ .

I have no problems with people using whatever version they want as far
as cygwin is concerned.  They just have to understand that we're not
supporting old versions here.  That policy, aside from being just
deliciously mean, is a pragmatic decision whose basis should be
fairly obvious.

It helps tremendously that someone like you is willing to behave
responsibly, think about the problems with offering services like this,
and make adjustments to deal with them so that users will be aware of
issues and hopefully will impact on us minimally here.

I think you're showing a true open source spirit in providing this
service -- particularly since I know you understand the risks and the
amount of work involved.

cgf