Cygwin from Scratch?
Tony Karakashian
tkarakashian@gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:59:00 GMT 2005
> If there are problems building a new package, the first resource is LFS
> or BLFS of course, what else? So besides LFS is missing some basic
> Cygwin packages it is already the best guide available when building new
> packages. Just rename it;)
Hehehe, precisely what I do, too. I figure they've generally hammered
out most of the rough edges. Heck, if for no other reason than you
get a list of everything that needs to be installed before you can
assemble a package, it's a godsend.
> BTW, do you know which was the last version of gcc which could be build
> without having gcc already handy?
Honestly, no. Been a while since I built an LFS. I've pretty much
given up on Linux in general, so that's why I've been concentrating on
Cygwin...
-T
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list