arch & has there been a change in automatic .exe unlinking?

Shaddy Baddah Shaddy.Baddah@msa.hinet.net
Sun Jul 3 04:45:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

The best way to describe the problem is to plunge in with some cut and
paste:

shaddy@shaddy ~/throwaway scripts
$ gcc hello.c

shaddy@shaddy ~/throwaway scripts
$ ./a
Hello, World!

shaddy@shaddy ~/throwaway scripts
$ rm ./a
rm: cannot remove `./a': No such file or directory

shaddy@shaddy ~/throwaway scripts
$ rm a
rm: cannot remove `a': No such file or directory

As you can see, removing ./a without specifying the .exe suffix doesn't
work. However, I am have strong recollections of this being
par-the-course for cygwin previously. Has there been a change.

This behaviour results in difficulty in building GNU arch. Again, cut
and paste (what is the convention to mark start and end of these cut and
pastes, btw?):

echo  | sed -f
/workarea/shaddy/src/tla-1.3.3/src/build-tools/Makefiles/column.sed >
Objects
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/workarea/shaddy/src/tla-1.3.3/hackerlab/machine'
make[2]: Entering directory `/workarea/shaddy/src/tla-1.3.3/hackerlab/os'
cp /workarea/shaddy/src/tla-1.3.3/src/hackerlab/os/exit-status.gen  ,es.c
cc -o ,es -g ,es.c
./,es > exit-status.h
rm ,es ,es.c
rm: cannot remove `,es': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [exit-status.h] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/workarea/shaddy/src/tla-1.3.3/hackerlab/os'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/workarea/shaddy/src/tla-1.3.3/hackerlab'
make: *** [all] Error 2

What can I do without manually changing the makefile scripts? Is there
an option to configure that I can pass?

Regards,
Shaddy