Hopefully unsual issue

Joe Brown joebrown@rclooke.com
Sun Jul 10 19:55:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

Don't know how long this has been an issue, it's been over a month.

I cannot reach port:80 cygwin.com.  I can ping cygwin.com and I can ftp
to it, but I cannot access the web.  I have no filters in place to stop
me from reaching there.  Currently hoping for a responce from my ISP in
regard to the issue.  I also pestered support@redhat.com...

I'm guessing I've downloaded cygwin too may times in the past and my
priveleges have been revoked :o  Who did I annoy???  How???

As may be aware, this means I cannot install cygwin.  After installing
the latest Clamwin, I've run into versions issues...  Now I'm jonesing
for a working cygwin.

I trying to skirt this issue of no cygwin.com:80 by downloading a
mirrored copy of cygwin packages.  This however is met with the setup
GPFing on various packages:
_obsolete/fileutils
mhash
_obsolete/sh-utils
_obsolete/textutils

Unchecking these packages seems to help, but there's an awful lot of
stuff in misc packages and takes a while to install up to the next
package that gpf's.  :/

Any thoughts of wisdom for me?

-Joe