Updated: perl-5.8.7-2

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Tue Jul 12 12:06:00 GMT 2005

Adye, TJ (Tim) wrote:
>>Have you recompiled Win32::Shortcut?  Do you use the standard
>>perl linker wrapper ld2 / perlld?  If not have you used the
>>--enable-auto-image-base flag to link the DLL?
>

> No, I didn't recompile Win32::Shortcut. I guess I should repeat my
> earlier

Please recompile, and ensure that you use --enable-auto-image-base
to link your DLL.  This should do the same like rebase besides a
'random' base address is used.  --enable-auto-image-base is now
default when building perl extensions with 'perl makefile.PL ...'.

Do you have a package for which I can use for
tests (so I just need to call `make test` or
`perl Makefile.PL && make test`

> I guess I need to be patient and wait for an update to perl-libwin32
> to fix the problem.

Maintainer are busy, so don't count the days;)

Gerrit