Missing symbols for linker called from gcc

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Thu Jul 14 19:02:00 GMT 2005


Michel, Gustave A CIV N62306 wrote:
> I've recently updated the cygwin (from 1.3.4-3) my standalone Win2K box, and gcc is failing because of missing symbols.  Here is a session:
> 
>    gus@silver /home/gus
>    $ uname -a
>    CYGWIN_NT-5.0 silver 1.5.18(0.132/4/2) 2005-07-02 20:30 i686 unknown unknown Cygwin
> 
>    gus@silver /home/gus
>    $ cat hello.c
>    main()
>    {
>      printf("hello, world\n");
>    }
> 
>    gus@silver /home/gus
>    $ gcc hello.c -o hello.exe
>    /usr/lib/libcygwin.a(pseudo-reloc.o)(.text+0x39): undefined reference to `__RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST_END__'
>    /usr/lib/libcygwin.a(pseudo-reloc.o)(.text+0x4b): undefined reference to `__RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST__'
>    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> 
>    gus@silver /home/gus
>    $ 
> 
> I've tried adding a number of other libraries to the command line, with no success.  What am I missing?

Uh, what version of gcc is this?
Probably you'll need to upgrade gcc too.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list