problem with gcc v3.4.4

Thom DeCarlo thomdecarlo@cox.net
Wed Jul 20 02:04:00 GMT 2005

Hi,
I wish I could provide more information on this, but I've got a problem.
When I updated cygwin to get the new version of libtiff it also
installed an update to gcc (from 3.3.3 to 3.4.4).

Now when I compile OpenSceneGraph the compiler spews thousands pf
warnings and, while it does compile and link successfully, the programs
throw Access Violation segfaults on the first executable line of code.

I rolled the compiler version back to v3.3.3 and it compiles without all
the warnings and the programs execute properly.

Have other folks had similar problems with v3.4.4? I know other folks on
the OpenSceneGraph mailing list use the MinGW gcc v3.4.4 compiler
without problems.

TIA,
Thom

--