shortcut settings (was Re: emacs issues)

Joe Brown joebrown@rclooke.com
Wed Jul 20 03:34:00 GMT 2005


Brian Dessent wrote:

>>C-SPC does not work in a Cygwin terminal. Is there a way to fix this?
>>    
>>
>
>I would suggest rxvt.  Personally, I use the "CMD.EXE prompt" as little
>as possible (i.e., not at all) with Cygwin because frankly, it sucks
>hard.  I suspect that I am not alone.
>
>Brian
>  
>
I use cygwin via rxvt all the time.  With a few exceptions.  Emacs for 
winNT seems more productively for me than getting it to work in cygwin. :/

Prefer rxvt console over cmd console, but python for windows goes pretty 
much stale when doing so, due to ^z ^d
do not exit the python shell (wxPython relies on windows version).

If you delete c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat and .ico files you can create a 
folder/directory called c:\cygwin\cygdrive which makes autocompletion 
for /cygdrive very convenient.

However, this means that you need to mung an shortcut/environment (place 
cygwin\bin on the system path) that does what cygwin.bat

I like this for my cygwin shortcut command properties:

c:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -geometry 100x59+345+5 -C -rv +ls -sb -sr -st -si 
-sk -sl 2000 -sbt 14 -fn -adobe-courier-*-r-normal--1-*-*-*-m-*-*-* -e 
bash -login

I'm open to suggestions as to how to improve this environment, but I've 
found these settings work well for my needs.

-Joe

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list