Python 2.4.1 locking bug. (was: Re: rebaseall failure?)

Douglas Philips dgou@mac.com
Thu Jul 28 13:38:00 GMT 2005

On Jul 28, 2005, at 8:48 AM, Jason Tishler wrote:

> Doug,
>> I don't know. When I saw the Python message it seemed plausible.
>>
>> The real issue is that Python broke with 1.5.18, either because of
>> the pthread change or not.
>> Be that as it may, should I report this bug in another forum?
>>

> No, this is the right mailing list.  However, you can increase the
> probability of it getting fixed by helping to isolate the problem.

That's why I culled down my large application to a small Python
script which exhibited the bug and which I submitted to the list,
along with my cygcheck -srv and the error messages that Python gave me.

> Besides submitting a patch, a minimal C test case is the best way
> to go.

??? A minimal C test case for a python bug... I'm confused.

I will submit my tbp (in a different form) to the official python
release for inclusion in their self-tests, and hopefully that'll
prevent _this_ bug from showing up further, whether on Cygwin or some
other platform...

      --Doug