Bug identified [was RE: perl - segfault on "free unused scalar"]

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Fri Jul 29 03:47:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 12:16:42AM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>Dave,
>
>Some comments on your analysis.
>
>The latest perl uses auto-image-base and the base address should be
>different than default.  It fails anyway.
>
>Perl uses its own malloc, rebuilding with the system malloc shows
>that it behaves similar than the C examples, I think the recent
>changes in Cygwin do what they should do: make setting the heap
>size superflous.

Could someone point to what these changes are that are supposed to
make setting the heap size irrelevant?  Dave mentioned "cygload".  I
don't really know what that is, unless it has something to do with
the minor changes made to get cygwin somewhat working when loaded
dynamically.

I'm not really aware of any changes which would make setting the heap
size irrelevant.

cgf