XML::LibXSLT rebase issue (was: Re: libXML)

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Wed Jun 1 16:39:00 GMT 2005

marcos rebelo wrote:

> try to install the XML::libXML
>
> I have this error
>
> running xslt-config... /dev/null at Makefile.PL line 191.
> xslt-config --version at Makefile.PL line 192.
> C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe (2672): *** unable to remap
> C:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll to same address as parent0xD70000) != 0xD80000
> 3 [main] perl 2416 fork_parent: child 2672 died waiting for dll loading
>
> after changing slitlly the code as you told me I was able of
> installing, but if I try to fork the perl script (for example calling
> the system comand I have the some problem).

Yes, of course.  Try to rabse the DLLs, there is a package 'rebase',
install it with setup.exe, read the rebase docs in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin
carefully.  Since you have more DLLs than in the package database are
listed (i.e. your perl extensions) you need to find a way to lovcate
ALL DLLs, then rebase them (excluding cygwin1.dll).

There were some scripts posted to the Cygwin list, but I have the links
not handy, anyone else maybe?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=