Serious performance problems (malloc related?)

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker@freenet.de
Thu Jun 2 21:56:00 GMT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2005 23:43 schrieb Keith Moore:
> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>
> > Dropping it altogether would be unfortunate.  Providing Win98 support DLLs
> > in a separate package is a possibility.  There's still the point that CGF
> > raised, about there being many more people with the knowledge of Win32 API
> > than those with the knowledge of Nt* API.
>
> Is there anything I can do to help with the Nt* conversion? I've been
> using the native NT APIs for about 15 years. I'm not so familiar with
> the APIs added in WinXP and 2003, but I'm *very* familiar with the core
> API set.

There were several attempts and many discussions in the past to speed up the
fork implementation but unfortunally without any succes. Maybe using the NT
api could help in this area. I found one thread indicating this as possible
solution in  http://www.osronline.com/lists_archive/ntdev/thread4267.html

Ralf