Can't get Exim to send mail

René Berber rberber@prodigy.net.mx
Mon Jun 6 00:23:00 GMT 2005

David Abrahams wrote:

> I'm hoping someone can help me out.  The smtp server I'm forced (by my
> ISP) to use, smtp.rcn.com, sometimes doesn't respond for 20 seconds at
> a time, and since I often send from Gnus -- which is synchronous -- I
> thought I might avoid locking up my Gnus UI by setting up an Exim
> daemon to send the messages for me.  I'm behind a Linksys router,
> which is behind a cablemodem.
[snip]

I didn't check all your config but you are missing the most important part, you
should have under routers:

begin routers

smart_route:
   driver = manualroute
   transport = remote_smtp
   route_list = * smtp.rcn.com

That's the first thing to change, worry later about timeouts or anything else.

HTH
--
René Berber