cygwin.bat fails with "WFMO failed waiting for cygthread 'WnetGetResourceInformation'

Tim Hart tjhart@mac.com
Mon Jun 6 16:39:00 GMT 2005

All,

My XP machine is currently unable to connect to my Windows domain before logging in. Windows uses cached information to accept my domain login. I then VPN to my domain, and life is good.

If my VPN connection is established, then Cygwin works just fine. If, however, I am not connected to my VPN, then I see the message:

C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe (1672): *** WFMO failed waiting for cygthread 'WnetGetResourceInformation'

This behavior is different than on previous versions of Cygwin - I could launch bash(cygwin.bat) just fine whether or not I was connected to the domain.

If this change is intentional, then I would like to discuss the matter. Are you really beefing up security by not allowing me to run bash & the cygwin subsystem? Even though Windows accepts the login and will let me run anything else that doesn't require Domain resources?

Result of 'uname -a' is

CYGWIN_NT-5.1 hartt 1.5.17(0.129/4/2) 2005-05-25 19:38 i686 unknown unknown Cygwin

cygwin.bat has not been altered.