Launching a cygwin binary from an application using CreateProcess Win32 API.

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Tue Jun 7 19:32:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 12:27:54PM -0700, Venkatesh Gopal wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I tried what is mentioned in the subject above but
>have not been successful.
>
>CreateProcess(...) returns the error 1305.
>
>From Winerror.h
>
>#define ERROR_UNKNOWN_REVISION           1305L
>
>Has someone tried this, or know the reason for the
>error.

Anyone can try this very easily by just double clicking on the Cygwin
icon or typing (e.g.) c:\cygwin\bin\ls.exe .  These would illustrate
cygwin binaries being started by CreateProcess.

You undoubtedly did not fill out some field or argument correctly when
invoking CreateProcess.  It's difficult to know exactly what might be
wrong since you didn't provide any details.

cgf