Multi Threaded programs deadlock doing simple I/O operations

Thu Jun 9 02:57:00 GMT 2005

There is a serious problem for multi threaded programs doing simple I/O
operations in cygwin (open, dup, fdopen, fclose, and close).

The attached 81 line test program clearly demonstrates the issue (by hanging
and no longer consuming CPU or performing any I/O operations).

I'm sure that anyone who ever encountered a stange hang in any program
running under cygwin would appreciate a fix for this issue.

- Mark Pizzolato