passwd & group file problems ?

Roy Wiseman roy_wiseman@yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 15:33:00 GMT 2005

Hi Igor,

those mount commands don't seem to do much for this
situation. same problems.
you mention the hard and symbolic links, are created
during the postinstall phase. this is very
interesting, are there no commands to make that
process rerun outside of the postinstall phase ?
I've attached my cygcheck.out file here.

my current situation is :
- mkpasswd (with -l and/or -d) does nothing, this
command hangs for over 30 minutes, and does nothing
- mkgroup (with -l and/or -d) does nothing, this
command hangs for over 30 minutes, and does nothing
- mount -m > /mounts.bat is no help, same errors
apply.
- is there some way to make the postinstall process
kick off again, outside of the setup process ?

Best Regards,

Roy.