tcsh doesn't find commands that end with .exe

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Mon Jun 13 18:59:00 GMT 2005

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Dunno why it prints cmd.exe but by design (minus flaws) tcsh only
> starts applications given w/o path if the application is in the
> internal hash table.  The internal hash table stores the application
> names w/o .exe suffix.

Odd. The native build of tcsh on Win32 seems to support this (it hashes
both with and without .exe). See http://www.tcsh.org/MostRecentRelease
and http://home.blarg.net/~amol/.

Does the cygwin port do something different to *not* cache .exe's? (I.e.
does the internal API somehow not expose the names with .exe from cygwin
mounts?)