displaying Windows program on Linux via ssh / X?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo@mch.one.pl
Tue Jun 14 21:49:00 GMT 2005

> You are making an assumption that MS Windows was designed as a networked
> windowing system. It's not. It's not Cygwin's fault nor X windows fault
> rather it is MS' fault in that their concept of GUI windowed apps is not
> cleanly divided into the client/server paradigm.

No, I don't make any assumption that MS Windows can "stream" the display
in a client/server mode, nor blame Cygwin that it can't do so (if the
system doesn't support it).

I just hoped there is some way of "simulating" that behaviour.

Terminal Server is not for me, as it incurrs costs for each connection,
and VNC is not what I'm looking for, as on Windows it is possible to run
it for one user only (unless you run it from within a Terminal Session,
which doesn't make sense of course).

--
Tomek