IE5 settings in setup.exe

Markus Schönhaber mks@schoenhaber.de
Fri Jun 17 18:15:00 GMT 2005

Am Freitag, 17. Juni 2005 19:57 schrieb Igor Pechtchanski:
> Ugh, top-posting.  Reformatted.
>
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, Andrea M wrote:
> > On 6/17/05, Markus Schönhaber <mks@XXXXXXXXXXX.XX> wrote:
>
> <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

> > > None.
> > > This is the request/response from my version of setup getting the
> > > server-list:
> > >
> > > -----snip-----
> > >
> > > GET http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/mirrors.lst HTTP/1.0
> > > Host: sources.redhat.com
> > >
> > > HTTP/1.0 200 OK
> > > Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:37:41 GMT
> > > Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
> > > Last-Modified: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:44:24 GMT
> > > ETag: "2384c3-1b75-c5d81e00"
> > > Accept-Ranges: bytes
> > > Proxy-Connection: close
> > >
> > > # Do not edit - see warning in mirrors.html
> > > http://www.carfield.com.hk/mirror/sources.redhat.com/cygwin;www.carfiel
> > >d.com.hk;Asia;Hong Kong
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > -----snap-----
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >  mks
> >
> > Any idea how I can make it send an user-agent? Otherwise it won't work.
> > Thanks!
>
> AIUI, the above is when setup uses "Direct Connection".  When "IE5
> Settings" is used, setup simply delegates to IE to do what it will --
> including sending the User-agent header.  It's been a while since I've
> looked at the relevant code, though, so I may be wrong.

Oh, I didn't consider it might make a difference.
The above snippet was captured with manual setting of "Use HTTP/FTP Proxy:".

On my machine with setup.exe 2.457.2.2 and "Use IE5 Settings" the following
request is made:

GET http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/mirrors.lst HTTP/1.1
Host: sources.redhat.com
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive