Any chance to get Apache 2.0.xx working on cygwin?

Carlo Florendo list-subscriber@hq.astra.ph
Mon Jun 20 06:52:00 GMT 2005

Max Bowsher wrote:

> Andreas Eibach wrote:
>
>> *Please ANYONE*: anyone who has this 2.0.xx thing running
>> _successfully_ on
>> cygwin, please report back here. Maybe I can learn a bit of nifty tricks
>> from you :)
>

> As I said in the recent thread "Apache DSO modules under Cygwin", I'm
> quite happily running Apache 2 under Cygwin. With the addition
> Subversion modules, no less. Keep an eye out on cygwin-apps, after
> this most recent burst of interest, I've bumped finishing off the
> half-made package I've had for a while up my todo list. Package is
> building right now, actually. *crosses fingers, hopes for no build
> errors*.

Now that we're talking about apache 2 here, is there some chance we
could include PHP as a module in apache?  The
apache-php-postgresql/mysql framework has been waiting for a long time
in cygwin now.  I remember around 2 years ago that the framework (at
least with postgresql) used to be in cygwin.

There is just one problem.  PHP *can* compile in cygwin but the wrong
thing is compiled.   (I'm trying to configure PHP as a module that will
load into apache)  Doing a ./configure, make, runs with no errors.
However, when doing a make install, here's what crops up:

$ make install
Installing PHP SAPI module:       apache
apxs:Error: file libs/libphp4.so is not a DSO
make: *** [install-sapi] Error 1

The thing is, libs/libphp4.so does not exist but only libs/libpp4.a

I remember someone saying before that there is a problem in libtool.
However, I don't quite understand how libtool works.

Here's what the make warning says:

libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin
shared libraries

If anyone could help me build php4 on cygwin, I would volunteer as its
maintainer.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Carlo