Windows rights

Christophe DELARUE christophe.delarue@reuters.com
Thu Jun 23 12:06:00 GMT 2005

Hi cygwinner.

I try to use cygwin to make remote compilation on a windows machine. I
installed inetd.  I've got a problem with my rights (id -a) when I am
on the target hosts named myServerCygwin. They differ when I type my
password or not (auto login).

1) First problem
****************

I put in my remote hosts
-------------------- //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar/.rhosts : --------------------
myUnixMachine
I put in my local host
-------------------- /home/chrdelar/.rhosts : --------------------
myServerCygwin

When I rlogin on myServerCygwin from myUnixMachine, the password is
required. ... seems the //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar/.rhosts is not
viewed

Once rlogged on the cygwin server, if I rlogin on my Unix machine, no
password is asked. Thus I think the .rhost are well written.

There is an other login foobar on the myServerCygwin with a home in
/home/foobar ... not on the network. With this login, the rlogin
recognizes the .rhosts and do not ask for a password.

The inetd service is owned by LocalSystem.

Why the .rhosts on the network is not recognized ?

2) Second problem
*****************

Thus I tried an other way to make rsh work without asking password. I
create myServerCygwin:/etc/hosts.equiv and put a line containing
myUnixMachine.

rlogin myServerCygwin : no password is asked ... Yes Yes yes .. I WON
... arghhhh

The rights are not good. (see below rlogin connection trace below). I
check with foobar login. With no /etc/hosts.equiv but a good .rhosts,
the rights are also broken.

Why are my rights not the same with I rlogin using my password
explicitely and with no password configuration ?

I put the telnet connection which allow me to have the rights I'd like
to have.

I spent hours reading docs, surfing web ...

Thank's for your attention and help.

Last login: Tue Jun 14 11:39:03 from myUnixMachine Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
basename: invalid option -- b
Try `basename --help' for more information.
-bash: [: =: unary operator expected
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
-bash: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar/.profile: Permission denied ;~
chrdelar@myServerCygwin ~
$ dirs
~
;~
chrdelar@myServerCygwin ~
$ id -a

uid=27849(chrdelar)
gid=11151(Dft)
groups=545(Users),
16109(Applis-MsOfficeXP),
10513(Domain Users),
16780(Fa),
29337(loc-APP-MsOfficeXpRO),
28830(-DATABASE-RW),
27908(-GroupesApplisRO),
27910(-GroupesArchiRO),
27912(-GroupesChefsRO),
27914(-GroupesDocRO),
27916(-GroupesFinancierRO),
27918(-GroupesOptimumRO),
27921(-GroupesPmRW),
27924(-GroupesPublicRO),
27926(-GroupesQualityRO),
27928(-GroupesSupportRO),
27930(-GroupesTestBedRO),
27932(-GroupesToolsRO),
27934(-GroupesVaRRO),
26970(-KplusPutnamRW),
26971(-LoadsRO),
26932(-PublicRW),
27006(-UsersRW),
27008( -WeeklyReportRW),
28882(loc-PRJ-FranceProfiles),
11151(Dft),
12109(DftArchi),
11880(DftDev),
12203(DftPlanning)
;~

-> 29 groups

------------------ telnet connection ---------------------------------
Trying 150.xxx.yyy.148...
Connected to myServerCygwin.
Escape character is '^]'.
CYGWIN_NT-5.0 1.5.16(0.128/4/2) (myServerCygwin) (tty0)
ogin: chrdelar
Password:
Last login: Thu Jun 9 10:20:25 from myUnixMachine Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
basename: invalid option -- b
Try `basename --help' for more information.
-bash: [: =: unary operator expected
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
warning: //pchomesrv02/Home$/chrdelar: Unrecognized variable construct `$/'.
Bienvenue chrdelar

chrdelar@myServerCygwin ~
$ id -a
uid=27849(chrdelar)