mounting network shares to make it persistent.

Thu Jun 23 19:56:00 GMT 2005

On Jun 23 11:47, Monkey Pet wrote:
> I want to be able to access a resource (aka map) and make it available
> the next time a user logs into ssh.  I am using cywin with the open
> ssh server.
>
> I would like know answers to the following questions:
>      1. Can mount be given a username/password and domain?

No.

>      2.  Is the net use command the correct command to use in the
> cgywin environment.

Yes.

>      3.  Any attempts to mount before starting ssh will not be
> acceptable since the network shares will change from time to time.
> Everything needs to be done over ssh for automation.
>
> Here is an example:
>
> ssh administrator@ip
> net use z: \\\\share\\fs2 password /USER:qadomain\\Administrator /PERSISTENT:No
> (Share is available and accessible)
> (logout)
>
> ssh administrator@ip
> (share is gone)
>
> Now do the following:
> net use z: \\\\share\\fs2 password /USER:qadomain\\Administrator /PERSISTENT:No
> mount \\\share\\fs2 /test
> (Share is available and accessible)
> (logout)
>
> ssh again
> (share exists, but can't access directory until I do the "net use")

I'm running sshd on Windows XP and I don't have to enter net use
all the time.  The share is stored and accessible until reboot.
But I don't use a drive letter at all, this might make a difference.

  net use \\\\server\\share /USER:domain\\user passwd

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.