ghostscript/fontconfig issues

Bertalan Fodor fodber@freemail.hu
Thu Mar 3 10:44:00 GMT 2005

Hello,

I've found the following bugs/issues about the ghostscript and
fontconfig packages and their cooperation:
- fontconfig segfaults with old fonts in ghostscript (hr*), because they
are buggy. AFAIK other ghostscript distributions do not contain them for
the same reason.
- fontconfig's /etc/fonts/local.conf should contain the <dir> tag for
/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts, to enable fontconfig-aware applications to
use them. So gs and font-config should play together.

I think these two issues are to be solved by the maintainers of
fontconfig and ghostscript.

Thank you,

Bert