ctime: creation or change time? & "cannot set time" error

Jacek Piskozub piskozub@iopan.gda.pl
Fri Mar 4 07:17:00 GMT 2005

>>The problem described in the following post to this mailing list
>>earlier today sounds like it is caused by Cygwin's new treatment
>>of ctime:
>>
>>    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-03/msg00165.html
>
>Since the CVS in question is a cygwin version, if this really is a
>problem with ctime then it seems rather strange that cygwin's attempts
>to behave more like POSIX would break a utility which relies on that
>very behavior.
>
>In any event, this isn't the postulated problem with a native windows
>application.
>
>cgf

Well, whatever it is, this "non problem" of yours makes it impossible to
build Mozilla with win32.

At least on FAT32 which I use. I mention as everyone is talking only
about NTFS.

Jacek

--
Linux is still considered risky by the uneducated.
                      Groklaw, February 20 2004