1.5.13-1 : can't cd anywhere with non-admin account

Chris January chris@atomice.net
Fri Mar 4 10:25:00 GMT 2005

François-David Collin wrote:
> Corinna, thanks you very much! the "notraverse" keyword did the trick.
>
> I don't really understand what do you mean by "it checks the
> permissions of the parent directory"... As long as I can "traverse"
> with windows acls in the windows world (and it is presently the case)
> I should be able to do the same with cygwin semantics, right?

Windows has traverse checking off by default. This means a user can
access their home directory, for example, without being given access to
to the parent directory or the root of the drive. It's a security 'feature'.

Chris