cron and cygwin

Ravi Ram raviram@streamprocessors.com
Sun Mar 6 01:40:00 GMT 2005


Larry Hall wrote:

>At 01:37 PM 3/5/2005, you wrote:
>  
>
>>I have setup cron services in cygwin and am trying to run a csh scriot using cron
>>nad could not get it the script working. I can run the script as it is but when i
>>launch it using cron it doesn't work. The script is in a samba share.
>>
>>
>>crontab -e
>>------------
>>13 10  * * *    (/mnt/user/test/sw/cron.run  | /usr/bin/email -s cron_test  raviram@streamprocessors.com)
>>Cron works if i remove the cron.run and use something like the one shown below
>>13 10  * * *    ( date | /usr/bin/email -s cron_test  
>>raviram@streamprocessors.com)
>>I started cron as me using /bin/cron-config. I also tried  using the
>>cygrunserver -E -R and -I -S options.
>>I mounted the /mnt/user partition using  mount -X ...
>>
>>cron.run
>>----------
>>#!/usr/bin/csh
>>#(cd /cygdrive/u/p4_main/test/sw; make ncheck)
>>(cd /mnt/user/test/sw; rm -f cron.test; /usr/bin/date; touch cron.test)
>>
>>I would appreciate any pointers, help.
>>    
>>
>
>
>Checked the recent archives?
>
><http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-03/msg00149.html>
>  
>

Ya i did. Couldn't find any pointers. Will check again


--Ravi

>
>
>--
>Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
>RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
>838 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9889 - FAX
>Holliston, MA 01746                     
>
>  
>



--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list