RFE: enhance setup.exe to used cached mirrors file

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Fri Mar 11 18:34:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 11:45:24AM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >>
> >>mirrors.lst is updated twice a day.  setup.bz2 is updated frequently.
> >>It is possible to add the kind of functionality that you're talking
> >>about, though.  It's just a simple matter of programming.
> >>
> >>Unfortunately, the wisher to doer ratio for cygwin is pretty high so it
> >>is unlikely that anyone would be implementing anything like this.
> >
> >FWIW, someone posted a patch just two days ago with one possible way of
> >addressing this issue:
> ><http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-03/msg00399.html> Which, of course,
> >just proves that searching the archives actually *does* help
> >sometimes...  :-)
>
> So, in this case the "doer" would be a setup maintainer who could review
> and integrate the patch.

Oh, I agree.  I was suggesting that it would've helped the OP phrase the
question better if he'd searched the archives prior to posting.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT