sshd doesn't work after rebaseall: cygheap_fixup_in_child error

Pietro Toniolo ptoniolo@tin.it
Thu Mar 24 15:29:00 GMT 2005

I experience the same problem that Jet Wilda had last dec, 6. He did not
get any answer, then... hope to be luckier.

After a rebaseall, as suggested in the kde-cygwin instructions at
sf.net, my sshd daemon is not running anymore.

My steps were:
1) stop the cygwin-related services (init & sshd)
2) issued s "rebaseall -v" from a bash shell
3) tried to restart sshd
4) the service remains in pending state: starting

If I try to run sshd manually I get errors like this:
     209 [main] ? 1380 cygheap_fixup_in_child: Couldn't reserve
	9891544 bytes of C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\sshd.exe (1380): ***
	m.AllocationBase 0x0, m.BaseAddress 0x61800000,
	m.RegionSize 0x360000, m.State 0x10000

I reinstalled the OpenSSH package from the cygwin setup, but nothing
changed. Looks like some other library has been broken by the rebaseall
command.

Notice that I've already used kde many times, it always run w/o
problems... I just tried to speedup the startup with the rebaseall
suggestion... &%$£

My installation of cygwin is complete, I always install all the
available packages. My system is W2K, with all service packs. If
required, I can attach a cygcheck.

Any idea?

Thanks
Pietro