Help !!! - Problem running Cygwin in Remote Desktop session with non-admin privileges

Cliff Hones cliff@hones.org.uk
Tue May 3 15:00:00 GMT 2005

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 10:52:37AM +0530, Moghe, Jayant wrote:
>
>>Corinna:
>>
>>I have been facing problems in downloading Cygwin 1.5.16. Can you please
>>suggest a mirror site where this is available?
>
> 1.5.16 is available at every mirror site displayed by setup.exe.

I am observing an odd problem while upgrading to 1.5.16.
I select the "Keep" radio button (as I want to upgrade just package cygwin),
then click on "View" to get the Full view.  Then I find the Cygwin
package, and click on the selector to cycle through the options.
But I am not presented with 1.5.16 - only 1.5.15.  When I switch to
the "Curr" radio button, I do see 1.5.16 - but only the once.  If I
cycle through the selections it doesn't reappear - 1.5.15 transitions
straight to "Uninstall".  However, if I click on "Exp" I do see both
1.5.15 and 1.5.16.

Note - I've tried this on two systems, with setup v2.457.2.1 and v2.457.2.2.
In both cases I had a cygwin package earlier than 1.5.15 installed.

Just tried again - selecting "Keep" is not necessary - just go straight
to the Cygwin version selector.  It shows 1.5.16 initially, but if you
change it you cannot get it back without selecting "Exp".  Aha - but if
you leave it at 1.5.15.1, and then change the setting of another package
(I chose cygutils, just above) then 1.5.16 does reappear.  Bizarre!

This could explain the OP's problem.

-- Cliff