sh.exe coredumps when init.exe is running as service

Dr. Volker Zell Dr.Volker.Zell@oracle.com
Tue May 3 16:17:00 GMT 2005

Hi

I'm in the process of updating my packages. I just upgraded to
cygwin-1.5.16 from 1.5.12.

Now whenever I run configure from one of my packages sh.exe segfaults
randomly. A fresh installation of cygwin doesn't have this problem.

The only difference between the problematic installation and the fresh
one is a running cygwin init service from sysvinit-2.84-4. When I stop
the init service everything is fine again. (Under cygwin 1.5.12 there
was no problem)

I can reproduce this problem when ruuning init as service whithout
adding any system service with chkconfig --add

Is anybody using init and can confirm my findings ?

Ciao
 Volker