Trojan associated with rsync and wget

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle@worldnet.att.net
Tue May 3 17:30:00 GMT 2005

I unfortunately have to second David's emotion here.  Norton has caused me
more problems than it ever solved, including the loss of several days' work
(though that was several years ago).  The ironic and sad thing is, I've
never lost any work to a virus.

Even more unfortunately, I don't think McAffe is much better.  I've had
similarly bad experiences in the past with it, though I've been using its
latest incarnation at home for quite a while now and it hasn't caused me any
problems that I know of.  Yet.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle