Fixing strace and cygcheck so that they work with mount -X

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Wed May 11 15:41:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 05:30:11PM +0200, Michael Schaap wrote:
>On 10-May-2005 17:17, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Well, cygstart is a proper Cygwin executable. However, it does use a
>>>Windows API call (ShellExecute, see "cygstart --reference") to execute
>>>whatever needs to be started, so I can see how it might depend on a
>>>properly synchronized Windows environment.
>>>
>>>If anyone can tell me how to do this, I'll be happy to make the change
>>>to cygstart.
>>>

>>This shows what I did to cygcheck:
>>
>>http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/winsup/utils/cygcheck.cc.diff?cvsroot=uberbaum&r1=1.65&r2=1.66
>>
>>It's possible that the environment code may just work.  Otherwise,
>>you'll have to grab the environment from cygwin and build a new
>>environment block, I assume.
>>

>Well, I gave it a try, but no success.
>Since cygstart is a proper Cygwin executable, and cygcheck a normal
>Windows one, the code needs to be quite different.

It sounds like you need to read MSDN on CreateProcess and see what it says
about "lpEnvironment":

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/createprocess.asp

cgf