Warnings for converting non-pointer types to NULL

Mikael mindcooler@gmail.com
Thu May 12 15:44:00 GMT 2005

Hello, I'm using Cygwin to develop programs using Win32 for the GUI and
lot's of posix stuff for the "back-end". Anyway, I noticed that if I include
<windows.h> in a file, I have to include <cstddef> after it if I want to
receive warnings for converting non-pointer types to NULL.

I guess presume NULL is a macro evaulting to 0 in windows.h and a typedef
for (void *)0 in <cstddef>, or?

Since I want to have this warning, the approach I've taken is to always
include <cstddef> after <windows.h>. Is approach correct and safe or can it
get me in trouble?

Thanks for any replies

/ M