sending packets from solaris to Cygwin

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Thu May 12 19:53:00 GMT 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On May  8 13:02, Nakul Haridas wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The codes I have attached are similar to a eariler reported problem
>>
>> However I have my program working either in Solaris or Cygwin only. If
>> the server is on solaris and client on cygwin and vice versa , the
>> packet is lost. I cant figure out what the problem could be. I have also put
>>
>> memset(&su_addr, 0, sizeof(su_addr));    /* server addr info */
>>      su_addr.sin_family = AF_INET;
>>      su_addr.sin_port = htons(MYPORT);
>>      su_addr.sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr(u_addr);
>>
>> This should have solved the probelem but it didnt.
>> Could youhelp me in this regards.
>
> Probably not.  After working around the missing udp_ack.h in your attached
> example code, I tried it between a Linux and a Cygwin box.
> http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WJFFM.

As another data point, I tried this between a real Solaris box and a
Win2K box with Cygwin.  Works just fine.
Nakul, you might want to examine your network topology.  Perhaps theres a
router which is filtering UDP packets?  Or, perhaps you have some Windows
firewall filtering going on?

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>