Strange-Dangerous behaviour in Cygwin (and/or RXVT)

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Sat May 14 14:50:00 GMT 2005

On 5/14/2005 6:13 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> I have tried your code "stty erase ^H" in .bash_profile and as I thinked
> it works for standard bash shell and xterm BUT NOT for RXVT in which, now,
> BKSPACE is dead. In others words RXVT wants "stty erase ^?" as in
> /etc/profile.

WFM with rxvt and xterm, both with or without X, and with cmd.

For me, pressing [ctrl-v][backspace] prints out "^H" in all cases. I've
simply removed the "stty erase" call from /etc/profile and everything's
working fine.

I should note that I'm running the latest snapshot, though.

--
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> spam@daveroth.dyndns.org
GPG/PGP: 0x7F67E734, C233 365A 25EF 2C5F C8E1 43DF B44F BA26 7F67 E734

Do not think by infection, catching an opinion like a cold.