problems in Perl process management

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat May 14 17:40:00 GMT 2005

Sonam Chauhan schrieb:
>>I had thought Gerrit would release a new 5.8.6 with them, but this
>>doesn't seem to have happened; don't know if I somehow dropped the
>>ball on that.  In any case, I'm really really hoping that 5.8.7 is
>>released in the next few weeks.
>>
>>I don't know anything about problems with Proc::ProcessTable other than
>>what may have been mentioned in that thread.  Perhaps you'd like to look
>>into it further?
>
> Yes.
>
> Can you confirm whether your patch addresses a problem Reini reported your
> thread in Feb? It was this message:
> 	http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-02/msg00224.html
> ...where Reini said:
>
>>>But the cygwin pid's seem to be wrong.
>>>Some cygwin processes are not detected as such, so the pids are
>>>listed as winpid's. And fname is printed as windows path for
>>>those processes, though it should be printed as cygwin path.
>>>I'll complain upstream.

Sorry for being late. I'm catching up old email.

I didn't complain yet upstream at rt.cpan.org because I wanted to wait
for our 5.8.7 release. But you can do it by yourself also, or fix it in
this module XS. It's really easy with the cygwin provided translation
functions.
   See http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-02/msg00154.html

--
Reini Urban