having trouble compiling gcc (3.3.3 or 3.3.5) in cygwin

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Mon May 16 02:39:00 GMT 2005

admin wrote:

> distccd[1068] (dcc_execvp) ERROR: failed to exec i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: No such file or directory

Your question is not "how to get distcc" working, then.  You need to
build a cross compiler if you want to build linux binaries on Cygwin.
The problem that you originally reported was missing headers, because
you do not have the linux headers and libraries installed on Cygwin for
the cross compiler to use.

This is a general question about building cross compilers, it's not
specific to Cygwin at all.  I recommend you post on the crossgcc list.

Brian