Sort - locale: cygwin_nt-5.0

Guido Milanese gmilanese@mclink.it
Tue May 17 22:20:00 GMT 2005

> From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu>
> To: Guido Milanese <gmilanese@mclink.it>
> cc: cygwin@cygwin.com

> The "version" that you mention in the subject just says that
> you're
> running Cygwin on Win2k.  It doesn't say anything about the actual
> version of Cygwin.
Thanks,sorry: v.1.5.16-1

> There's very little support for LOCALE settings in Cygwin.  Some
> applications will switch the language of the help messages, etc,
> to the
> extent gettext() supports it.  I don't believe sort has locale-specific
> collate support -- the coreutils maintainer might be a better
> person to  answer that.

Thanks again. I am puzzled because I recall that an older version I tried a couple of years ago was sorting correctly. This most recent one seems to ignore anything related to LC_*

Best regards,
guido m.

Guido Milanese               - gmilanese@mclink.it
Vocal Ensemble "Ars Antiqua" - http://www.arsantiqua.org